Friday, December 22, 2006

My Goals Now That I'm 24...

First of all, it's so hard to believe I'm ONLY 24! I'm happy to be getting older! :)

So, I feel as though God has been teaching me many things in these last several months, but that I'm only realizing them now...I'm accrediting it to my new age of wisdom and maturity! Ha! So here are some goals I thought I'd share:

1. First and foremost: To pursue my "abandoned" relationship with my Father. Abandoned of course by me, as my God is way too merciful to leave me. For those who know my testimony, I've been "hit hard" again by the song that keeps bringing me back to Him. "Lord reign in me, Reign in Your power. Over all my dreams, In my darkest hour. You are the Lord of all I am, SO WON'T YOU REIGN IN ME AGAIN."

2. Since we've been back from Hawaii I have lost all motivation to take care of my body. I'm talking about the basics that are SO hard. Eating healthier and exercising. It's so much easier when there's a "final goal". But why should the final goal be Hawaii, why not Heaven? Now, I'm not claiming to be some crazy health guru, but I sure notice a difference when I care a little more about what I'm doing to my body...God's creation.

3. Find joy in my work. Have motivation and vision to make/change my business into something I want/love to do.

...We're at Spectrum in Brandon right now...Colin's working hard and I just finished putting my photo album together and I'm now blogging. He's almost done, so I'm going to stop my list here. These three goals seem big enough anyways! :) I welcome our faithful blog readers on this journey I'm taking to be the best 24 year old woman I can be. I miss all my accountability partners, but I know you guys are reading...

4 comments:

The Hansens said...

Awesome Tasha! First of all, I'm always inspired by your blog to try and make mine a little more personal instead of just pictures of my kids. (Which are wonderful, but you know what I mean.)

"Lord reign in me again" is a prayer that I know God will be pleased to answer. I'm looking forward to hearing how he moves. =) So, what are your ideas for changing your business into a passion again?

Jen =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 24! Three great goals. Will be praying for you.
I love you,
Melody

Anonymous said...

Tasha,
I know you have many friends out there who can help you with your first goal. So I'm thinking maybe I can help you with your second goal....hehehe
How about a little "friendly" sisterly challenge? (I know that you are not competitive at all) Here is my challenge to you. Everyday we must do some type of physical exercise with a minimum of a 30 minute walk. Dare to take the challenge? hehehe
Love Always!!
Your big sis

Lorena Ferguson said...

Tasha. It's hard for me to believe you are only 24 too! I mean that is how old you look, but you always seems so much wiser and maturer than I do.

I'm so glad to see that pursing God is first on your list. I have worked hard at that this year and what a difference it has made on my life. I am with you on this journey for sure. #1 & #3 are already in my thoughts. I guess I will be starting #2 with aquacizes!